Skukuza is the largest camp in the Kruger National Park and offers accommodation for about 600 visitors. Skukuza Restcamp is located in possibly the most game rich part of the Kruger National Park. The camp is situated on the bank of the Sabie River.
Skukuza Rest Camp at a Glance
- Guest Houses with limited DSTV
- Guest Cottages
- Riverside luxury Bungalows with limited DSTV
- All units are serviced daily
- Ceiling fans and/or air-conditioners
- Tents – fans only - Communal bathroom and kitchen facilities
- Camp sites
- Restaurant – Cattle Baron
- Cafeteria – Cattle Baron
- Swimming pools
- 9 hole Golf Course
- Day Pic-Nic area with swimming pool
- Guided Game drives and Bush walks
There is a variety of accommodation from Guest Houses to tents. The bungalows are 'rondavel' style brick under thatch and offer comfortable accommodation with 2 or 3 separate beds, air-conditioning, private bathroom with shower and a refrigerator on the veranda. Some of the units have own kitchens. All have braai (barbecue) stands.
Make an Enquiry or Booking
Accommodation at Skukuza Rest Camp
- Wild Fig 12 bed Guest House with 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen and communal lounge/living room or open veranda.
- Three 8 bed Guest Houses with 4 en-suite bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen and communal lounge/living room or open veranda. These have limited DSTV.
- 6 bed Guest Cottages with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (one en-suite) and fully equipped kitchen.
- 4 bed Guest Cottages with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one en-suite) and fully equipped kitchen.
- 4 bed Family Cottages with 2 bedrooms, bathroom and basic equipped kitchen.
- 2 bed Luxury Riverside Bungalows on perimeter with bathroom (shower) and kitchen. Limited DSTV
- 2 or 3 bed Bungalows, bathroom (shower), fridge, hotplate and sink.
- 2 or 3 bed Bungalows, bathroom (shower), fridge, sink using communal kitchen.
- All the above are air-conditioned
- 2 or 4 bed Safari Tents with cupboard, table and chairs, fridge and electric fan. Communal kitchen and bathroom facilities. Each has a braai (barbecue) stand
- All chalets and tents are fully serviced daily and supplied with bed linen, towels and soap
- Caravan and Camping sites using communal ablution and kitchen facilities. A maximum of 6 persons, one caravan, side tent and vehicle, or one tent and vehicle, or one motorized caravan with side tent per campsite.
- Day visitor facilities with barbecue area, restaurant, shop, cafeteria, bank, post office, doctor, laundromat, public telephones, educational display, petrol station with car wash, car hire, communal ablution and kitchen facilities, communal barbecue facilities.
Skukuza camp has a well stocked shop, restaurant, cafeteria, Stevenson Hamilton library / museum, petrol station, ATM and a 9-hole golf course. Lake Panic Hide is nearby. The voltage is 220 Volts AC. Skukuza is situated on the banks of the Sabie River. Skukuza Airport is a short distance away.
Giraffe, Kudu, Impala, Duiker, Steenbuck, Bushbuck, Elephant, Black & White Rhino, Buffalo, Lion, Leopard, Wild Dog, Hyena, Warthog, Baboon, Hippo and Crocodile.
The summers are hot and humid with the majority of the annual rainfall. Winter is the dry season with the weather mild, with warm days and cool nights. Rain or frost are not to be expected. During the dry winter season the vegetation thins out, there is little surface water, making winter the best season for game viewing. Average maximum temperatures in July are 23°C (73°F) during the day and 5°C (38°F) at night.
Make an Enquiry or Booking